So there’s my sick day post… a few random things! Have you gotten hooked on anything recently?
I’ve been under the weather for the past few days. At first, I thought it was just a dry throat from the cold weather and then it just progressed and progressed until I couldn’t deny it anymore. Every February my high school chorus had a variety show that we put on (huge deal for us) and every year, without fail, I got sick right before the performance. (Really no other point mentioning that show other than it’s how I keep remembering that’s when I get sick.) Since then I’ve literally been sick almost February. We’re going on ten years here.
I have been drinking lots of tea and trying to rest, but ugh it’s just not fun.
Because my brain feels foggy, I’m throwing together a bunch of random thoughts into one post!
1. Eucalyptus Lip Relief– Is anyone else experiencing crazy dry lips and skin from the winter? I typically get really chapped lips whenever it’s cold but I think this year it’s been extra bad from wind burn while skiing. I have gone through half a tube of this Eucalyptus Lip Relief this month alone. Every time I open the bottle, it’s like a mini trip to the spa. And it really does make my lips feel remarkably better.
2. J. Crew Pajamas– I bit the bullet and got the long J. Crew pajamas that I’ve been eyeing for a while. I had a short sleeve/cropped pants version that somehow didn’t make it to Connecticut. (Have no idea where they ended up!) I forgot how comfortable the cotton pajamas feel. On Monday, I had meetings in the city all day– it was freezing and snowing and my throat was killing me. Coming home and slipping into my pajamas was the best feeling ever.
3. Essie Ballet Slippers– I went a month without painting my nails and it was so nice to not have to worry about chips or anything. I painted them bright pink for a party and felt like they were too bold! So I went another week without polish, but remembered I had Ballet Slippers. An old favorite! I remembered why I loved it so much and I don’t think I’ll be going bold again for a while.
4. Scalloped Pinboard– My new pinboard finally came in… and it’s even better than I imagined. I didn’t realize just how giant it was (it’s huge), but it fits perfectly on one wall of my office space. it’s so big though that there’s so much room for things to be hung. I have quite a bit of empty space to work with still.
5. Loose Leaf Tea– I bought this Teavana Perfectea Maker in the store and use it a few times a day. Especially since I’ve been sick, I drink so much tea. After my morning coffee, I switch to tea for the rest of the day. I typically used tea bags, but loose leaf tea brewed well tastes even better. I watched this video to make sure I was using it correctly. Anyone else a fan?