As I went to title this, I almost put “Monday Thoughts.” I feel like yesterday and today have completely blurred together into one super long day.
Just wanted to pop in an say hello with a few things:
1. It was so hard to get out of bed this morning because of how dark it was from the rain. It poured for a few hours, but the sun has since come out. While I was walking the dogs, the sun actually felt warm. That’s one thing I miss about living in Florida and something that isn’t a guarantee up here, even in the summer. I could have sat right down on the sidewalk to soak up the warmth. (It’s also almost 60 degrees and feels so, so good.)
2. On Sunday night, I went to go see Lady Bird. I almost didn’t go because my schedule for the day got a little backed up. I’m so glad I saw it though. My mom and I spent quite a bit of time discussing the film at length. It was different than I was expecting it to be, but I really thought it was a fantastic movie. (I love Saoirse!)
3. Did you catch the hint on my Instagram Story that I’m moving?! I’m going to be sharing more of the details later (don’t worry!), but in the meantime… I’m drowning in logistics. Moving is overwhelming no matter how you slice it! I have a huge Google Doc going with everything I need to change (from health insurance to veterinarians).
4. Speaking of moving, knowing I was going to move paired with the extra spending I always do in December, I started a no-buy January. I’m still buying food and gas and the essentials, but I haven’t been buying any new clothes. I have SO many thoughts on this. First, I love it. I haven’t even really been tempted to break the freeze. Second, it’s a challenge to run a “fashion blog” when you’re not buying anything new. It’s driving me crazy because I don’t want to buy new clothes, but it is an element of what I do for my job. The last thing is that I’m now itching to do a huge closet cleanout! I need to do one before my move anyway, but not buying new clothes has inspired it in an even bigger way.
5. The flu this year has been so bad and I’m trying my best not to catch it. I’ve been washing my hands religiously, staying on top of my vitamins (and eating foods with lots of Vitamin C), and getting enough sleep! I normally opt for soap and water over hand sanitizer, but I have been using the sanitizer stations at the gym as an extra precaution.
6. 1 Second Everyday is such a fun app! Thank you to everyone who suggested it as a great way to record memories. I started on January 1 and I already know that I’m going to love the final product at the end of the year.
7. GIRL SCOUT COOKIES. My friends’ daughter is a Girls Scout and I ordered a few boxes of cookies from her. Dang! I love supporting these girls, but sheesh! The cookies are downright addicting. Thankfully it only comes around once a year and these Thin Mints will be gone before I know it. (Because I can’t stop eating them….)
8. I hurt my foot somehow last June. Since then, it’s been on and off in pain. Well, the past two weeks have been more painful. It’s definitely not broken, but because it’s my foot, it just hasn’t had time to heal. It’s the ball of my right foot so whenever I put pressure on it (for example when my right leg is the back leg of a lunge or when I’m in down dog) it hurts quite bad. I can’t even think about wearing heels because it puts too much pressure on it. I’ve been trying to wear sneakers that fully support my foot most of the day. Any other tips, I’m all ears.
That’s all I have for you today!