I almost want to make this first half of the post its own… but YOLO, let’s just make combine it into one.
– Let it be known that this was the week that I conquered the PATH! I’ve actually taken it a handful of times, but I’ve always been with someone else. So I pretty much have followed other people and never had to figure it out how to do it myself. My boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend (haha) and I got our nails done in the city together. It was my first time taking the PATH alone and I hadn’t needed to take it (thanks to Uber, my own car, and the ferries) yet. I don’t know why I was so nervous about it. It ended up being the easiest thing ever and then I proceeded to ride it every day. The allure of Hoboken’s proximity to the city is finally hitting me.
– One of my trips into the city was to go to the Vineyard Vines summer preview. We got a little taste of it while in the Bahamas, but saw even more of the collection. WOW. It’s good. They’re doing a lot of black for summer, which I am so into. Very classic. But of course, they also have their fun navy prints (hello sailboats!) coming up too.
– After the preview, I had a few meetings fall through and get moved due to the rain, so Mackenzie and I ducked into Laduree for some coffee and macarons. PS The photo below was taken on my iPhone X. I can’t say enough great things about the camera on that thing. Like, wow. I was extra and brought the macarons to the marble by the front window for better lighting– definitely worth it.
– Speaking of photography, I have been practicing with my camera every day. I was inspired by Kelly in the Bahamas to stop being intimidated by it and to just do it. Guys, I have watched probably 30-40 videos on Youtube over the years trying to teach myself how to do it. I always get confused and frustrated… or feel like I know what I’m doing only to forget it all the next day. I don’t know what magic words Kelly has, but she gave me some amazing tips and now I feel like I halfway know what I’m doing. (She’s toying with the idea of doing a photography course. I already told her I’d be her first testimonial!) I’m NOT good… but I am definitely on the path to learning. It feels really good to be practicing a new skill. Youtube has been great and I also signed up for Skillshare to take some of the classes they have to offer.
– And because I have no idea where else to include this… Easter was so fun. My boyfriend has a big family and I’m not going to lie, I’m kind of obsessed with all of them. I joke that their house at 10 am on a random Saturday morning is louder than my parent’s house has EVER been. Anyway, his oldest sister organized an Easter egg hunt. We each put in about $15 and then their mom hid all the eggs. Getting physical wasn’t only encouraged, it was kind of necessary. Technically speaking, I won (I seriously remain undefeated LOL) with $25 and four Hershey kisses. I love that everyone, despite being adults and some are even parents, still get into the traditions! Keeps things fun, you know.
Okay, here’s what has been on my radar:
ONE // Casey Neistat
Casey Neistat (you know how much I love him) just announced his new Youtube strategy. Super pumped about this. He has such a great platform and does his best to share amazingly creative people already– I think this next move is taking that to the absolute next level!
Two of my favorite things: Nantucket and Lilly Pulitzer. It’s a cottage at the White Elephant decked out in Lilly. Seriously, what could be better? I was this close to booking a couple of nights towards the end of June, but backed out because I’m not 100% sure on my schedule yet. Definitely regretting that already.
THREE // Ellie Hart
I don’t know most of the people that I’m friends with on Facebook… they’re mostly blog readers. I see all kinds of updates on my feed and I generally have not a clue what is going on. But sometimes I catch something fun, like Ellie Hart’s blog post about moving to LA a year ago. I found it to be so inspiring as moving to a new place where you don’t have a concrete plan or know too many people sounds daunting. She took the challenge head on and it sounds like it paid off… I have a feeling you guys will be just as inspired as I was!
FOUR // ASICS x Liberty Floral
OMG, ASICS and Liberty Floral just realized a collection and… I’m obsessed. My workout clothing/shoe collection has grown to a size I never imagined it would. I would definitely rather buy new workout gear now over a cute dress. I know, I know… who am I?! Loving these Liberty Floral sneaks!
FIVE // New Podcast
My friend Grace launched a new Podcast!! I’m so impressed with it already. Of cours,e I love it because it discusses books– one of my favorite topics. Can’t wait for more episodes!!