No way am I walking around with a (very very very) itchy and ugly strap…. Here it is, new and improved!
I used the tutorial from Make it and Love it. And I made it, and I LOVE it.
The project didn’t go perfectly, I didn’t account for the wider leather ends when I measured the width of the strap. I sewed the tube twice and had to rip the seams apart again and again. Finally, I took the night off and went back to work the next day. To make more room for the leather parts, I used a piece of pink grosgrain ribbon with a light green polka dot ribbon sewn on top. Only the green shows, but the pink is what was sewn onto the Lilly strip.
To secure the cover to the regular strap, I sewed pink buttons on the end! This was Soccer Mom’s idea. Let me just give little miss Soccer Mom a huge shoutout… she is the best at fixing bobbin issues, figuring out what side of the interface goes down, and preventing me from chopping the entire project up in pieces while frustrated! xoxo