– 4 cups of flour
– 3 teaspoons of baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1 1/2 cup of sugar
– 1 1/3 cup of Crisco
– 3 teaspoons of vanilla
– 2 eggs
– 8 teaspoons of milk
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Blend sugar, Crisco, vanilla, and eggs
4. Add flour mix to sugar mix
5. Add milk, one teaspoon at a time
6. Mix until blended. Divide into two parts, wrap each in wax paper. Chill for one hour.
7. Roll out, cut out, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Cool, ice, decorate.
– My mom is a purist and glazes her cookies. It’s a quick mix of butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk.
– The dough is unbelievably tough to mix well, but worth it. Just consider it your afternoon workout.
– When rolling out, put a sheet of wax paper (+ flour!) between the rolling pin and your dough. Work in batches!