I’m still feeling pretty sick and I couldn’t come up with a good blog post idea. So I’m pulling a cop-out card and calling it a sick day by doing a “fun facts” post. If you’ve been a religious reader for years, some of these might not be new, but you’ll probably at least learn one funny thing! It ended up being a lot of fun to put it together so I hope you enjoy!
1. I have a permanent retainer on my top middle teeth. I had a gap growing up and I kind of wish I had kept it to be honest. I had braces in eighth grade and Invisalign in high school, but I went through another growth spurt in college and my teeth moved around again. Eventually, I might do Invisalign again…
2. I don’t sleep with a pillow, ever! Every so often I think I’m going to be able to fall asleep with a pillow and I toss and turn until I remove it. The only way I do sleep with a pillow is if it’s tucked under my shoulder (when I’m on my stomach) and not my neck, haha.
3. I had perfect attendance throughout school, but missed the very last day due to an out of state crew regatta. Very annoying that crew was a club and we couldn’t get excused. I’m not sure if perfect attendance is a good or bad thing because there were days when I would be so sick and sitting in class nearly dead just so I wouldn’t end the streak.
4. I was over ten pounds when I was born. Ten. Pounds. I was not a cute baby at all; in fact, I was pretty scary looking. No one believes me so I keep an album on my iPhone with my baby pictures as proof… it’s hilarious to see their reactions! (I also keep a photo of my pregnant mom, poor thing deserves an award for delivering the monstrosity that was me.)
5. You know how some people are “huggers” and greet everyone they meet with a hug? I’m the opposite. There are a few times when I don’t mind them (like when I’m really stressed or I’m seeing a friend I haven’t seen in ages), but I’m just not really that into hugs.
6. My family is the number one most important thing to me. Sometimes I wish we had a ton of cousins and a bunch of siblings, but I really am so grateful for my parents and my sister. We’re so close and I’ve realized, as I’ve gotten older, just how rare that is for most people. It’s something I do not take for granted. I’m so appreciative that my parents set such an incredible example of a partnership for my sister and me to follow.
7. If I had to wear one thing for the rest of my life, I think I’d wear some kind of sweatshirt (maybe a fleece pullover) and jeans. I’m all about keeping things comfortable!
8. Keeping Up with the Kardashians is my guilty pleasure. I can’t get enough of that family.
9. The weirdest purchase I’ve made as an adult was purchasing a bunch of my favorite underwear in basic colors. It seems like such a small, completely ridiculous purchase, but even just removing that one (admittedly tiny) decision in the morning makes a world of difference. I’m not standing in front of my underwear drawer pawing through for a cute pair. They’re all cute and I feel great in every single one, because they’re all exactly the same. (Don’t knock it ’til you try it, friends… it’s a real morning game changer.)
10. I used to give my mom the hardest time for being addicted to coffee. I never thought I’d be able to drink it. And then in college, when I needed to stay up late to study, I would get dirty chai teas. It was the only way I could drink the espresso. Eventually, I started to acquire the taste for coffee/espresso. Over the years I’ve eliminated all need for milk and sugar and just drink my coffees black now. My teenage self would not believe that I’d be drinking coffee, let alone having to limit my coffee intake!!